- RECOOP launches new Support Cafe in Manchester http://t.co/eqaC0TY6RL10:58am, Mar 09, 2015
- Exciting job opp. for Project Leader at RECOOP's Community Support Cafe in Ancoats & Day Centre in HMP Manchester http://t.co/UNrdKYhyZD10:33am, Dec 10, 2014
- HMP Stafford to work in partnership with RECOOP to increase age-specific activity and support for older population http://t.co/nKfIr5qwdR11:12am, Dec 05, 2014
- ".. like putting my fragmented life back together again" - creating a mosaic at HMP Eastwod Park http://t.co/x89qMJLBCB10:56am, Nov 20, 2014
- Koestler Awards for "The Rubies" at HMP Eastwood Park http://t.co/6TWOBQ8ceL11:21am, Nov 10, 2014
- Ex-service user recounts a rare walk in the woodlands at HMP Leyhill organised by RECOOP. http://t.co/CcWRDDSMyD10:57am, Oct 08, 2014
- PRI - Old age behind bars - worldwide struggle with similar problems for growing older prison population -http://t.co/zen5t8w7SQ10:50am, Oct 02, 2014
- HMP Eastwood Park Gov Simon Beecroft endorses the work of RECOOP. http://t.co/sS906pktL410:47am, Sep 25, 2014
- Vacancy for Project Manager at HMP Leyhill. http://t.co/ENqRkiGO5H11:31am, Sep 23, 2014
- RECOOP welcomes Fatima Khatun as a new Project Worker at HMP Leyhill.10:20am, Sep 09, 2014
The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, especially those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.
|Click on any of the images/icons below to view larger versions|