- Supporting Mental Health Week with resources to help deal with the ever increasing mental health issues of prisoners http://t.co/xqwZtg4W5O12:16pm, Oct 01, 2015
- "Excellent source for information that benefits the older population in prison" says one RECOOP member. http://t.co/MQYbC2hzec9:36am, Sep 21, 2015
- “Rubies” at HMP Eastwood Park win Koestler Platinum Award for creative project – a real boost in self-esteem http://t.co/h4HXvuYqr011:12am, Sep 03, 2015
- First 6 prisoners trained by RECOOP to National Care Standards qualify as Buddy Support Workers http://t.co/2xdk9CwbtW11:56am, Aug 17, 2015
- Art of conversation suffers for those who have lived for years in prison environment http://t.co/I5uDVArnV710:51am, Jul 28, 2015
- RECOOP awarded NOMS funding to assess need/ability of prisons & APs to adapt regimes to meet needs of older prisoners http://t.co/wTZJkbEcK912:21pm, Jul 22, 2015
- The benefits of volunteering both in and out of prison, realised by men at HMP Guy's Marsh through RECOOP Vol Project http://t.co/jF2dI0GktA10:07am, Jul 03, 2015
- RECOOP Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill hosted Prisoner Advice Service session. Another is planned for July.11:22am, Jun 22, 2015
- Liz Ropschitz, RECOOP Mental Health Co-ordinator, awarded MBE for her work with older offenders .http://t.co/KpUZc6b3Id11:09am, Jun 15, 2015
- "Lobster Pot" at HMP Leyhill offers older prisoners the opportunity to develop positive life skills http://t.co/8GCL4tETFP11:05am, May 18, 2015
The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, especially those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.