- "Group run by RECOOP makes me feel I have more choices in my life when I am released” https://t.co/5rGY8cIRoZ5:11pm, Jan 27, 2016
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre Director & Asst Director win award for their volunteering work with RECOOP at HMP Guys Marsh https://t.co/EEcufAcB6o10:57am, Jan 06, 2016
- Lobster Pot @ HMP Leyhill welcomed visit by Prisons & Probation Ombudsman https://t.co/UtxReBfz8O12:29pm, Dec 15, 2015
- The Lobster Pot @ HMP Leyhill offers vital tools in preparation for release https://t.co/S0LVM4B9fZ12:45pm, Dec 03, 2015
- Multitude of activities & guest speakers help celebrate Black History Month prompting much discussion & interaction https://t.co/sy9buKB4cA11:33am, Nov 04, 2015
- @Pathways4Peace Lobster Pot member "having more or similar visits for open debate and interaction would be good - when will speaker return?"10:31am, Nov 02, 2015
- @Pathways4Peace delivered a well received & interactive Martin Luther King workshop at HMP Leyhill opening up debate and new perspective11:54am, Oct 27, 2015
- "Strength, Forgetfulness and A Thousand Memories" poem written by volunteer at HMP EWP inspired by the Rubies https://t.co/AK8BPJMffb10:43am, Oct 22, 2015
- Lobster Pot @ HMP Leyhill reported by IMB as an inspiring pace-setter in responding to older prisoners special needs http://t.co/eXhSucqCtc2:24pm, Oct 14, 2015
- Supporting Mental Health Week with resources to help deal with the ever increasing mental health issues of prisoners http://t.co/xqwZtg4W5O12:16pm, Oct 01, 2015
The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, especially those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.