- Art of conversation suffers for those who have lived for years in prison environment http://t.co/I5uDVArnV710:51am, Jul 28, 2015
- RECOOP awarded NOMS funding to assess need/ability of prisons & APs to adapt regimes to meet needs of older prisoners http://t.co/wTZJkbEcK912:21pm, Jul 22, 2015
- The benefits of volunteering both in and out of prison, realised by men at HMP Guy's Marsh through RECOOP Vol Project http://t.co/jF2dI0GktA10:07am, Jul 03, 2015
- RECOOP Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill hosted Prisoner Advice Service session. Another is planned for July.11:22am, Jun 22, 2015
- Liz Ropschitz, RECOOP Mental Health Co-ordinator, awarded MBE for her work with older offenders .http://t.co/KpUZc6b3Id11:09am, Jun 15, 2015
- "Lobster Pot" at HMP Leyhill offers older prisoners the opportunity to develop positive life skills http://t.co/8GCL4tETFP11:05am, May 18, 2015
- Issues faced by older people in the CJS - RECOOP featured in Clinks "Tackling Inequality in the CJS" Seminar Report. http://t.co/eGUXb2qmEb11:33am, May 12, 2015
- RECOOP launches suite of Care Act leaflets for Local Authorities. Visit website to register as a member and download http://t.co/yz3nbeEReo9:46am, Apr 15, 2015
- RECOOP launches new Support Cafe in Manchester http://t.co/eqaC0TY6RL10:58am, Mar 09, 2015
- Exciting job opp. for Project Leader at RECOOP's Community Support Cafe in Ancoats & Day Centre in HMP Manchester http://t.co/UNrdKYhyZD10:33am, Dec 10, 2014
The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, especially those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.