- @PRTuk BromleyBriefings: identifying dementia challenging in prisons due to staff training/healthcare deficiencies http://t.co/l2mrHcgsOE3:28pm, Oct 31, 2013
- Thanks @Clinks_Tweets! VCS orgs pls contact us for info on training in working with older offenders http://t.co/BFK9SgQDct4:32pm, Oct 04, 2013
- We feature in @csjthinktank report on new probation landscape & why vol sector matters for reducing reoffending http://t.co/rP0ks5IcmX12:25pm, Sep 27, 2013
- Thanks @NOMSgov for inviting RECOOP's Paul Grainge to present on older offenders at the equality, rights & decency group learning day10:15am, Sep 27, 2013
- RT @leeinroyston: @IndependentAge Where there's tea there's hope. Raise a cup to International Older People's day (1 October) and Silver Su…10:06am, Sep 27, 2013
- RT @jrfclaire: One in three of us will develop #dementia. How can this huge challenge be met? http://t.co/TArkXoibYt via @guardian10:04am, Sep 27, 2013
- RT @thereaderorg: @TheErwinJames in conversation with @readerjanedavis - a special RISE event not to be missed http://t.co/RxcRqd6Prc10:00am, Sep 27, 2013
- RT @AgeUKTrafford: Older peoples Day - 1st October - come along to our festival of events at Stretford Leisure Centre, Greatstone Road - 10…9:48am, Sep 27, 2013
- RT @ForsythKatrina: Justice Select Committee's report on #olderprisoners, supports need for national strategy http://t.co/INmOUQIWam2:20pm, Sep 12, 2013
- RT @CommonsJustice: We're publishing our report on #olderprisoners at 00.01am on Thursday 12th September2:19pm, Sep 12, 2013
The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, in particular those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.