- @Options_Plus @Optic_Project RECOOP's 1st Silver Dreams report now online http://t.co/5dmB6b8gbi3:04pm, May 20, 2013
- @advocacyotw @aquasilverdream @AGoodDeath @NeighbourReturn @BbassSD RECOOP's 1st Silver Dreams report now online http://t.co/5dmB6b8gbi1:53pm, May 20, 2013
- RECOOP gave evidence this week to the Justice Select Committee Inquiry into older prisoners. Watch it here http://t.co/71OkDoiMJn10:46am, May 16, 2013
- thanks @BRC_West for joining us in Dartmoor on Tues to visit wheelchair workshops. Let's get more going!2:13pm, Apr 25, 2013
- RECOOP seeking 3rd sector org's in midlands to develop partnerships working with older prisoners. Contact us! http://t.co/fR33OYJIbG3:01pm, Apr 17, 2013
- RT @BBCr4today: Juliet Lyon of @PRTuk: You don’t need to send so many women to prison. For many it’s a very harsh punishment and not eff ...6:00pm, Mar 27, 2013
- Economist on older prisoners: "In it for life - old prisoners suffering from poor care & putting a strain on jails" http://t.co/ROgpdujaGf2:14pm, Mar 02, 2013
- We feature in Adam Moll's excellent new report on Dementia & the Aging Prison Population http://t.co/kulysJFH @MHF_tweets @Safe_Ground10:04am, Feb 20, 2013
- Congrats to staff member Teri for Butler Trust qualification in developing good practice in a correctional setting http://t.co/K1VmAdEk1:39pm, Feb 11, 2013
- Congrats to RECOOP staff & Butler Trust award winner Teri Walker for her qualification in disseminating good practice from the Trust10:55am, Jan 30, 2013
The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, in particular those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.