- ".. like putting my fragmented life back together again" - creating a mosaic at HMP Eastwod Park http://t.co/x89qMJLBCB10:56am, Nov 20, 2014
- Koestler Awards for "The Rubies" at HMP Eastwood Park http://t.co/6TWOBQ8ceL11:21am, Nov 10, 2014
- Ex-service user recounts a rare walk in the woodlands at HMP Leyhill organised by RECOOP. http://t.co/CcWRDDSMyD10:57am, Oct 08, 2014
- PRI - Old age behind bars - worldwide struggle with similar problems for growing older prison population -http://t.co/zen5t8w7SQ10:50am, Oct 02, 2014
- HMP Eastwood Park Gov Simon Beecroft endorses the work of RECOOP. http://t.co/sS906pktL410:47am, Sep 25, 2014
- Vacancy for Project Manager at HMP Leyhill. http://t.co/ENqRkiGO5H11:31am, Sep 23, 2014
- RECOOP welcomes Fatima Khatun as a new Project Worker at HMP Leyhill.10:20am, Sep 09, 2014
- RECOOP launches new Consultancy, Training and Direct Services Support packages for prisons in England & Wales: http://t.co/GKpdVhJdUr9:49am, Jul 15, 2014
- Vacancy for Project Worker at HMP Leyhill: http://t.co/8QfK5CtqH63:16pm, Jul 14, 2014
- "Was good to meet the guys in the Lobster Pot at Leyhill and learn about the work RECOOP is doing". SGH Commissioners9:41am, Jun 11, 2014
The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, especially those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.