With obesity at an all-time high, there has never been a greater urgency to address the detrimental effect poor food choices and lack of exercise have within our prison system.
In one of his reports, ex-chief Inspector of Prisons, Nick Hardwick, commented: “Some men emerge only to take an occasional shower, to make a quick phone call or to queue to collect a tray of carb-rich food at mealtimes”.
Recognising this problem, Recoop developed and has successfully delivered, a 6-week healthy weight and exercise programme (HELP – Healthy Eating & Living in Prison) appropriate for people of any age and ability whilst in a custodial setting.
Group-based sessions can be delivered weekly by prison or gym staff using the Weight Management & Exercise programme.
HELP is an affordable solution. For a one-off cost of £1,500 you will receive all the resources you need to deliver the programme on a weekly basis. The package includes:
- A two-hour training session with one of our Consultants enabling self-delivery
- A comprehensive Facilitator Folder containing week-by-week session plans and supporting material
- Scales that also measure BMI
- Ten Pedometers for use by participants
- Plastic Foods (for nutritional sessions)
For further information, please contact us or download our leaflet below.
To find out more about Recoop and how we help professionals working with older people with convictions, please contact us.