RECOOP Project Co-ordinator is nominated for a Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award
RECOOP Project Co-ordinator in Devon & Cornwall, Liz Ropschitz, together with a Social Worker and Occupational Therapist from Devon County Council, have been nominated for a Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable work supporting prisoners with health and social care needs, which includes the Buddy Support Scheme, in the Devon Prison Cluster.
This Award, was set up to celebrate the outstanding achievements of practitioners and teams up and down the country and to give recognition for all their hard work and dedication in helping to transform people’s lives.
The Awards are supported by the Rt Hon Justine Greening MP, Secretary of State for Education and have also been praised by Jackie Doyle-Price MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary for Care and Mental Health.
The following was received from Councillor Andrew Leadbetter, Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Health Services and Jennie Stephens, Chief Officer for Adult Care and Health:
“We are writing to congratulate you, and all in the Devon Prisons Adult Social Care Team, on being nominated for the Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice award at the Social Worker of the Year Awards 2018. This is a wonderful achievement, and fantastic recognition of all your hard work and commitment to social work, you should be very proud.
Reading the nomination and the impact you have had on our service was truly uplifting and heart-warming. It brings home how important the work you do is – and we are so pleased we are able to recognise this through the national nominations.”
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018