RECOOP awarded grant by Esmee Fairbairn Foundation
RECOOP has been successful in its application to the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation to fund some new development work to help even more older service-users across the country.
RECOOP has received funding over three years to develop a suite of commercial services, training and interventions to offer to Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service in order to help them best support the differing needs of those they are managing who are aged over 50.
The over-arching aim of RECOOP is to reduce re-offending through the provision of meaningful activity, resettlement services and by addressing the health and social care inequalities faced by this marginalised under-served group.
We are one of the very few organisations working specifically with this group and aspire to be the leader in the delivery of knowledge and expertise to older people who come into contact with the criminal justice system and offer support to the staff who work with them. The development of our services and activities is influenced and shaped by the experiences of our service-users.
We intend to market and promote our new commercial services more widely across the country. We will work to get more prison services set up over the term of the grant to support more individuals and generate new income streams. This is a very exciting time for the charity.
- RT @HMPDownview: Had a poetry competition for our ladies - theme "Inspirational Women". But 1 lady entered this, with a little note attache…9:41am, May 22, 2020
- @HMP_Dartmoor I hope our Buddy Support workers, clients and staff are all well at this time-Stay safe12:31pm, May 20, 2020
- Find out more about our exciting work, working in line with @BCHAnews and news on our website🌈:… https://t.co/9z5jDIrBT012:25pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @MyGenerationGM: We have some exciting news 🎙 We started just under a year ago. Now, we’re proud to share with you our very own websi…12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- @MyGenerationGM Great work12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @HMP_Liverpool: All of @MoJGovUK and @hmpps should be taking a moment out to support @mikewheatley1 tomorrow as we remember 'Our Ruth' a…11:56am, May 20, 2020
- We’ve received a grant from The Aldo Trust. It will allow us to offer individual grants for individuals to help the… https://t.co/i7bd5fpSLs1:57pm, May 18, 2020
- @DeathCafePUNC @DyingMatters So very sad2:15pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @Bethlem_Gallery: Bethlem Gallery's Mental Health & Justice Project continues. Some of the artists involved have made their early workin…2:13pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @HMPHatfield: We are open ! Please call in to view our range of plants as well as shabby chic and bespoke furniture-all hand worked by t…2:04pm, May 13, 2020