Thursday, November 25th 2010 - Liz RopschitzOn 26th October, a Health Marker Place was held in HMP Dartmoor, giving a full day of information and presentations to showcase some of the help and support available to our older prisoners to maintain physical and mental well-being.
Thursday, July 8th 2010 - Francesca Cooney with Julia BragginsThis report is mainly based on a survey of staff in prison establishments throughout England and Wales. The high response rate demonstrates a willingness to share information and improve practice in work with older people in prison.
Friday, July 2nd 2010This table shows the population of prisoners aged 50 and over, by age group and sex, in England and Wales, as at 31st March 2010.
Friday, July 2nd 2010This table shows Prisoners aged over 50 in Prisons in the South West, as at 31st March 2010
Monday, June 21st 2010 - Dr Natalie Mann, University of EssexDOING HARDER TIME? THE EXPERIENCE OF AN AGEING MALE PRISON POPULATION IN ENGLAND AND WALES: SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FINDINGS Dr Natalie Mann, University of Essex Our society is unaccustomed to thinking about older people in terms of their involvement in crime and the criminal justice system. Saturated by stereotypical images of the elderly as frail victims of crime, the criminal experiences of this age group have been systematically ignored. However, the number of male prisoners...
Tuesday, June 8th 2010Information for older prisoners. Claiming state pensions and benefits after you are released. It is important to try and get your pension and benefits claims sorted out before you leave prison if you can.
00 00:00:00-00-0000 - Teri WalkerDue to the success of RECOOP's partnership with HMP Leyhill and services offered to the older prisoners, Teri Walker (Volunteer Cluster Co-ordinator for South Glos and Glos) was offered an opportunity to speak at the National Conference for Board Member.
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
Monday, March 18th 2019
Transition is a short Resettlement Programme designed specifically for those who are over the age of 50 and in a custodial setting. The Programme has been delivered in a number of prisons across England on a quarterly or bi-monthly basis. We’ve re...
RECOOP projects win Platinum Award 2014 & 2015