Wednesday, August 3rd 2011Online social care website www.communitycare.co.uk mentions RECOOP in an article on social care in prisons
Thursday, July 28th 2011We are pleased to launch our new website.
RECOOP Launch for Devon Volunteers at the new Over 50?s Day Centre in HMP Dartmoor - April 26th 2011
Friday, May 20th 2011 - Liz Ropschitz and Chris ElliottThe RECOOP launch was an ideal opportunity for the RECOOP volunteers working in the Devon prison cluster to meet each other and talk about their various volunteering experiences.
Monday, April 18th 2011 - Jennie Osborne - BCHARECOOP launch to help offenders and ex-offenders throughout the UK
Monday, April 18th 2011 - Liz DavisRECOOP's response to Breaking the Cycle: Effective Punishment, Rehabilitation and Sentencing
Monday, April 11th 2011Our Service Users' Voices page has been up-dated. Click on the link to the left.
Lloyds TSB Foundation for England and Wales fund RECOOP to develop further its work in mental health
Friday, April 8th 2011A three year grant from the Lloyds TSB Foundation means that Liz Ropschitz can focus her experience in the mental health field for the benefit of the older prison population and ex offenders.
Monday, February 21st 2011 - Liz RopschitzA truly participatory creative music event for the older prisoner in HMP Dartmoor receives a Koestler 2010 Highly Commended Award for Singer-Songwriter with the CD ?No Rhyme or Reason?.
Tuesday, December 21st 2010The Lobster Pot is the centre for all men aged over 50 at HMP Leyhill. It is managed by RECOOP (Resettlement and Care of Older ex-Offenders and Prisoners) and developed as part of an organic process in consultation with relevant prison staff ......
Thursday, November 25th 2010 - Liz RopschitzOn 26th October, a Health Marker Place was held in HMP Dartmoor, giving a full day of information and presentations to showcase some of the help and support available to our older prisoners to maintain physical and mental well-being.
Thursday, July 8th 2010 - Francesca Cooney with Julia BragginsThis report is mainly based on a survey of staff in prison establishments throughout England and Wales. The high response rate demonstrates a willingness to share information and improve practice in work with older people in prison.
Friday, July 2nd 2010This table shows the population of prisoners aged 50 and over, by age group and sex, in England and Wales, as at 31st March 2010.
Friday, July 2nd 2010This table shows Prisoners aged over 50 in Prisons in the South West, as at 31st March 2010
Monday, June 21st 2010 - Dr Natalie Mann, University of EssexDOING HARDER TIME? THE EXPERIENCE OF AN AGEING MALE PRISON POPULATION IN ENGLAND AND WALES: SUMMARY OF THE MAIN FINDINGS Dr Natalie Mann, University of Essex Our society is unaccustomed to thinking about older people in terms of their involvement in crime and the criminal justice system. Saturated by stereotypical images of the elderly as frail victims of crime, the criminal experiences of this age group have been systematically ignored. However, the number of male prisoners...
Tuesday, June 8th 2010Information for older prisoners. Claiming state pensions and benefits after you are released. It is important to try and get your pension and benefits claims sorted out before you leave prison if you can.
00 00:00:00-00-0000 - Teri WalkerDue to the success of RECOOP's partnership with HMP Leyhill and services offered to the older prisoners, Teri Walker (Volunteer Cluster Co-ordinator for South Glos and Glos) was offered an opportunity to speak at the National Conference for Board Member.
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Care UK / HMP Dartmoor and the RECOOP Buddy Support Workers receive HSJ News Patient Safety End of Life Award 2019 https://t.co/tECpiDZsQO11:49am, Jul 18, 2019
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
Friday, September 6th 2019
Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons is an independent, statutory organisation which reports on the treatment and conditions of those detained in prisons, young offender institutions, secure training centres, immigration detention facilities, police...
RECOOP projects win Platinum Award 2014 & 2015