Prisoners' Advice Service
The Prisoners’ Advice Service is the only independent registered charity offering free legal advice and support to adult prisoners in England and Wales and is a frequent and valued visitor to the various groups run by RECOOP for the over 50s.
Whilst general group Q&A sessions have been arranged, it also became apparent that the prisoners wanted 121 advice and PAS was able to accommodate this, covering topics such as prison law, ROTLs, parole hearings and on-going police investigation/contact.
As one prisoner at HMP Leyhill said:
“I’ve had two appointments for 121 advice at the Lobster Pot. On both occasions the Solicitor from PAS was able to offer sound advice and, when the issue raised required further investigation, a written and detailed note of advice was very promptly sent to me. A very helpful service.”
For further information contact Prisoners’ Advice Service - www.prisonersadvice.org.uk or tel: 020 7253 3323.
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018