100% success rate for Healthy Eating & Living in Prison Programme at HMP Send
HELP (Healthy Eating & Living in Prison) is a programme developed by RECOOP that aims to introduce prisoners to safe and structured exercise, whilst encouraging and supporting them to achieve their goals.
The 6-week healthy weight and exercise programme is appropriate for people of any age or ability whilst in a custodial setting. Group based sessions can be delivered weekly by a member of prison or gym staff using our Weight Management & Exercise programme.
The objective is to help people change their relationship with exercise and food for good, not just while they are in prison. The programme offers new ways of thinking about food and exercise, with supporting information which can be taken into the community on release.
Both HMP Holloway and HMP Send have delivered the course and feedback has been extremely positive:
“We have had 100% success rate with all participants losing 5% of their body weight and are now running our 4th course”. Vanessa Franklin, HMP Send Gymnasium
If you would like further information please contact email@example.com
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018