“Provision for older prisoners by The Lobster Pot was outstanding”.
The Lobster Pot (over 50’s Day Centre established and run by RECOOP at HMP Leyhill) was mentioned favourably numerous times in the recently published (26th June 2017) IMB Report:
“The whole area under the auspices of the Lobster Pot is thriving. OFSTED viewed the Lobster Pot’s work as “excellent” and HMCIP’s Report termed it “an excellent resource, providing a creative range of activities, support and assessment of need”. These judgements reflect the Board’s own independent perceptions gathered week in, week out. As a model of good practice, the Lobster Pot is visited by staff from other prisons and in the Board’s experience such visitors have been hugely impressed.”
“The outstanding innovative and committed work for the older prisoners continued apace, based on the Lobster Pot. In an attempt to engage those elderly prisoners who do not yet attend, the RECOOP team extended their visiting to the Residential Units, the range of activities was broadened still further and publicity was widened”.
“The Lobster Pot once again provided an ever more varied programme of activities for the over 50s prisoners, who make up 52% of the total prison complement. Each of the three daily sessions offered are regularly attended by some 50 or so prisoners. Over the year, this important facility experienced a total footfall of over 43,000 to these daily sessions”.
For information on how RECOOP could help you establish and run a Day Centre within your prison, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018