IMB approaches RECOOP’s Rubies for help
Following an appeal in October 2017 by the Royal United Hospital Bath asking for knitters to help provide tiny bobble hats for new-born babies at the RUH Bath Birthiang Centre, the Independent Monitoring Board approached The Rubies, a Day Centre run by RECOOP for the over 50s at HMP Eastwood Park, for help. The ladies jumped at the opportunity to be a part of this project.
The hospital is introducing a traffic light, colour-coded system of green, amber and red bobble hats to help ensure that babies receive the correct level of care they need.
Rachel Coleman, Practice Development Sister, said: "Babies will still receive the traditional midwifery care, but this is an extra visual aid. A green bobble means your baby is term, warm and feeding well. Amber indicates a baby needs a little more help with feeding and keeping warm. Red indicates a baby will have regular observations by a nurse or midwife”.
Alma Hageman, RECOOP’s Project Manager at HMP Eastwood Park, said: “With some 5,000 babies a year being born at the RUH, there’s a never-ending demand for the bobble hats and the Rubies will continue to send them for as long as they are needed”.
Quotes from some of our Rubies:
“I had a new born many years ago who was tiny. Unfortunately, she didn’t survive and it helps me making hats for other babies who are premature”. JE
”I like the project as the hats are so small and it doesn’t take long to see some results!”. SR
- Care UK / HMP Dartmoor and the RECOOP Buddy Support Workers receive HSJ News Patient Safety End of Life Award 2019 https://t.co/tECpiDZsQO11:49am, Jul 18, 2019
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019