CF03 Bicycle Initiative
One of the core objectives of CF03 is to improve social inclusion. Many of the participants we are working with have experienced multiple difficulties accessing education and training - excluding them from finding better opportunities after release.
Our Case Managers work with individuals to guide them and provide advice and support with the aim of getting back into employment. Participants are also offered accredited personal development and vocational courses.
Deb Earley, one of our CF03 Case Managers, came up with an innovative idea to help Approved Premises residents get to appointments, interviews and eventually their place of work. She contacted the local Police Lost Property Department to see if she could acquire some bicycles and they offered her four. Since then an ex-CF03 participant has also donated one.
An AP Resident said: “Working shifts, it was not always possible to use public transport and without the bike I would not have been able to start my job at a local company. I can now get to work and feel like a different person with a direction to follow”.
Deb Earley said: ‘I was glad to be able to facilitate the process of a participant being able to access and maintain sustained employment which will benefit him immensely in both a social and financial sense. Any step to overcome barriers to work must be embraced".
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018