"Rubies" from HMP Eastwood Park exhibit at Koestler Trust exhibition
19 September – 4 November 2018
Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London
Free, no booking required
I’m Still Here and CONNECTIONS is the 11th exhibition produced by Koestler Trust in partnership with Southbank Centre. It follows the success of last year’s exhibition Inside, which was curated by Antony Gormley. This year, the diverse range of art, writing and music has been selected by the families of prisoners inside, giving a unique and very personal edge to the show that explores what it is like to have a loved one in prison.
The Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park have yet again won numerous awards in recognition of their creativity and the work of one will be exhibited at this exhibition.
Rewards were received for the Refugee project and two items will be put into the exhibition on the Southbank. Two people from Koestler’s came to EWP and gave out certificates. One recipient said: “I am so delighted and have been feeling good all year, making toys that Alma sends off to the island of Chios. This is for kids who have nothing left. I hope we can continue with this project”. The entrée was submitted as “Connection between women in prison and refugee children”.
Another award was won for a poem and the third for a blanket, crocheted as the Jamaican flag.
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018