"Rubies" from HMP Eastwood Park exhibit at Koestler Trust exhibition
19 September – 4 November 2018
Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London
Free, no booking required
I’m Still Here and CONNECTIONS is the 11th exhibition produced by Koestler Trust in partnership with Southbank Centre. It follows the success of last year’s exhibition Inside, which was curated by Antony Gormley. This year, the diverse range of art, writing and music has been selected by the families of prisoners inside, giving a unique and very personal edge to the show that explores what it is like to have a loved one in prison.
The Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park have yet again won numerous awards in recognition of their creativity and the work of one will be exhibited at this exhibition.
Rewards were received for the Refugee project and two items will be put into the exhibition on the Southbank. Two people from Koestler’s came to EWP and gave out certificates. One recipient said: “I am so delighted and have been feeling good all year, making toys that Alma sends off to the island of Chios. This is for kids who have nothing left. I hope we can continue with this project”. The entrée was submitted as “Connection between women in prison and refugee children”.
Another award was won for a poem and the third for a blanket, crocheted as the Jamaican flag.
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018