RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop Transition Resettlement Training for the community
RECOOP is pleased to announce that it has recently won some funding from Innovation Wessex to develop our older ‘Transition’ Resettlement course for community delivery. The team plan to adapt and trial the programme in a number of National Probation Service Approved Premises’ in the Autumn across the South West.
We are thrilled to be able to reach those residing in these settings with this supportive course and hope to mould it to meet their specific needs to reduce the fear and anxiety of forging new community links and relationships for these individuals.
‘Transition’ is an affordable short programme, delivered at a pace that lends itself to the learning and engagement style of older people. There is little ‘lectern–type’ delivery with resources and delivery conducive with those older individuals that might be experiencing cognitive decline and appreciate a slower pace, together with resources having a larger font print.
The programme includes sessions on planning for retirement, independent living skills, technology, building new community networks of support, volunteering, benefits, pensions, health, well-being and disclosure. We also provide an action plan / toolkit for managing the triggers for re-offending post release. A variety of activities, including independent, pairs and group-work, as well as interactive drama and out of class methods, are used to aid the differing learning styles. The programme continues to evolve based on learning feedback. New modules recently added to fill new emerging gaps include, online shopping and bereavement & loss.
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018