RECOOP Project Co-ordinator is nominated for a Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award
RECOOP Project Co-ordinator in Devon & Cornwall, Liz Ropschitz, together with a Social Worker and Occupational Therapist from Devon County Council, have been nominated for a Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable work supporting prisoners with health and social care needs, which includes the Buddy Support Scheme, in the Devon Prison Cluster.
This Award, was set up to celebrate the outstanding achievements of practitioners and teams up and down the country and to give recognition for all their hard work and dedication in helping to transform people’s lives.
The Awards are supported by the Rt Hon Justine Greening MP, Secretary of State for Education and have also been praised by Jackie Doyle-Price MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary for Care and Mental Health.
The following was received from Councillor Andrew Leadbetter, Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Health Services and Jennie Stephens, Chief Officer for Adult Care and Health:
“We are writing to congratulate you, and all in the Devon Prisons Adult Social Care Team, on being nominated for the Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice award at the Social Worker of the Year Awards 2018. This is a wonderful achievement, and fantastic recognition of all your hard work and commitment to social work, you should be very proud.
Reading the nomination and the impact you have had on our service was truly uplifting and heart-warming. It brings home how important the work you do is – and we are so pleased we are able to recognise this through the national nominations.”
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019