‘Transition’ Resettlement course developed for community delivery
In September 2018, RECOOP announced it had won funding from Innovation Wessex to develop its ‘Transition’ Resettlement course for community delivery and the team used the funding to trial the programme in a number of National Probation Service Approved Premises in the South West.
The programme includes sessions on planning for retirement, independent living skills, technology, building new community networks of support, volunteering, benefits, pensions, health, well-being and disclosure. It also provides an action plan / toolkit for managing the triggers for re-offending post release. A variety of activities, including independent, pairs and group-work, as well as an interactive drama and out-of-class methods, are used to aid the differing learning styles. The programme continues to evolve based on learning feedback and new modules have recently been added to fill new emerging gaps, including online shopping and bereavement & loss.
Nine participants completed the programme and the feedback above indicates the knowledge of each subject pre- and post-programme. It is evident that residents gained benefits from each session and in particular, Healthy Eating and Exercise, Navigating Community Services, Volunteering and Disclosure.
RECOOP is taking the pilot of the programme to the North East in January and February, after which further development work for use the in the Community will be undertaken.
Transition’ is an affordable short programme, delivered at a pace that lends itself to the learning and engagement style of older people. There is little ‘lectern–type’ delivery with resources and delivery conducive with those older individuals that might be experiencing cognitive decline and appreciate a slower pace, together with resources having a larger font print.
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018