“Flexibility is vital”
Clinks' recently published “Flexibility is vital” report looks at the role and value of voluntary organisations, such as RECOOP, in meeting the needs of older people who have offended, and how, as the need grows, this value might be maximised for the future.
“The issue of an ageing prison population has been widely discussed and addressed in recent years through research, inspections, good practice guidance and policy documents. These make clear that, despite examples of effective practice, service provision in many areas is struggling to keep pace with the escalating scale and complexity of demand”. Flexibility is vital
RECOOP’s services in HMPs Leyhill and Eastwood Park are highlighted in the report as examples of good practice to address the challenging needs of people aged over 50.
Paul Grainge, Chief Officer of RECOOP said “We really hope this report engages the debate and builds momentum so we can get commissioners and funders to develop national and local strategies to support this growing group”.
A copy of the report can be downloaded here.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018