Our AimsOur organisational aims are:
- To contribute to public benefit through the reduction of re-offending by older people;
- To provide support to older people in prison through provision of services, information and advice, low level social care and advocacy;
- To support and advise older people on release from prison to improve resettlement and rehabilitation;
- To provide support for older people who have received non-custodial sentences;
- To develop and provide appropriate volunteering, training and employment opportunities for older ex-offenders in order to reduce re-offending and aid resettlement.
- To raise awareness of the needs of older offenders at a regional and national level;
- To contribute to national policy and practice regarding older offenders through learning, research and publications;
- To collaborate with key partners in the statutory and voluntary sector to share and disseminate good practice regarding the support and rehabilitation of older offenders;
- To provide advice and support to staff working with older offenders in the criminal justice system.
- To work towards a better understanding of the needs of older offenders’ families, carers and supporters, and to contribute to better support systems.
Thursday, June 11th 2020
COVID-19 has thrown up many challenges in all aspects of life, not least in prisons. There is a fear that the necessary, highly restrictive regimes put in place to combat the spread of coronavirus, will have a huge impact on the mental health of prisoners....
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Alert! ❗️❗️❗️❗️Ever wondered what the Buddy Support Programme does in prisons? From Devon to the Northwest. Check i… https://t.co/9nf0buu2Vr1:49pm, Jul 03, 2020
- @HMPChelmsford @borderlinebooks Great to see11:14am, Jul 03, 2020
- RT @stafford_hmp: Great to be able to share with you that we will be working with @PurpleVisits to allow virtual visits. A start date is to…11:04am, Jul 03, 2020
- RT @HmppsInsights: Book now for the Manchester Crime & Justice Film Festival 14th July. Hosted by @ManMetUni and @MMUPolicyEval, the virtua…2:49pm, Jul 02, 2020
- @HmppsInsights @ManMetUni @MMUPolicyEval @KoestlerArts This looks great!2:49pm, Jul 02, 2020
- @FirstTimeInside @FacultyScot @HumzaYousaf @AlexJODonnell @AamerAnwar @fionacs @Thinktastic @BMcconnachieQC… https://t.co/sEB5UnA8In2:37pm, Jul 02, 2020
- RT @forder_phil: There's a danger my account becomes HMP Parc Art gallery but why not? Here are some sketches a prisoner did on the wing +…9:53am, Jul 01, 2020
- @forder_phil @G4S @fmspear @RTA_ARTS @KoestlerArts @PrisonArts @ArtsCJS @Elitedance @OddArtsUK @manwithbooks These are wonderful9:53am, Jul 01, 2020
- @HMPPrisonWife Sorry to hear that :(9:51am, Jul 01, 2020
- RT @DyingMatters: Independent Age is calling for more support for bereaved people. The charity's research has found that up to 77,000 peop…12:12pm, Jun 30, 2020