Our AimsOur organisational aims are:
- To contribute to public benefit through the reduction of re-offending by older people;
- To provide support to older people in prison through provision of services, information and advice, low level social care and advocacy;
- To support and advise older people on release from prison to improve resettlement and rehabilitation;
- To provide support for older people who have received non-custodial sentences;
- To develop and provide appropriate volunteering, training and employment opportunities for older ex-offenders in order to reduce re-offending and aid resettlement.
- To raise awareness of the needs of older offenders at a regional and national level;
- To contribute to national policy and practice regarding older offenders through learning, research and publications;
- To collaborate with key partners in the statutory and voluntary sector to share and disseminate good practice regarding the support and rehabilitation of older offenders;
- To provide advice and support to staff working with older offenders in the criminal justice system.
- To work towards a better understanding of the needs of older offenders’ families, carers and supporters, and to contribute to better support systems.
Wednesday, October 16th 2019
In July, RECOOP was contacted by The Society of Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention in Hong Kong (SRACP), a government recognised charitable organisation established in 1957. SRACP provides a rehabilitation service for offenders and discharged prison...
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Care UK / HMP Dartmoor and the RECOOP Buddy Support Workers receive HSJ News Patient Safety End of Life Award 2019 https://t.co/tECpiDZsQO11:49am, Jul 18, 2019
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019