Our AimsOur organisational aims are:
- To contribute to public benefit through the reduction of re-offending by older people;
- To provide support to older people in prison through provision of services, information and advice, low level social care and advocacy;
- To support and advise older people on release from prison to improve resettlement and rehabilitation;
- To provide support for older people who have received non-custodial sentences;
- To develop and provide appropriate volunteering, training and employment opportunities for older ex-offenders in order to reduce re-offending and aid resettlement.
- To raise awareness of the needs of older offenders at a regional and national level;
- To contribute to national policy and practice regarding older offenders through learning, research and publications;
- To collaborate with key partners in the statutory and voluntary sector to share and disseminate good practice regarding the support and rehabilitation of older offenders;
- To provide advice and support to staff working with older offenders in the criminal justice system.
- To work towards a better understanding of the needs of older offenders’ families, carers and supporters, and to contribute to better support systems.
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
Tuesday, February 19th 2019
RECOOP has just published ‘A Different Sense of Time’, a publication which outlines its range of age-appropriate (50+) services to aid prisons find suitable regime adaptations for their growing older population. Many older prisoners ha...
RECOOP projects win Platinum Award 2014 & 2015