Service Users' Voices
Quotes from Hostel Managers and Probation Officers
"I am pleased at how well he has seized the opportunity to engage with RECOOP. He was quite socially isolated previously and his confidence was low, which had a bearing on risk as he tended to lapse into a low mood and fantasy to try to make himself feel better. I have been impressed with how enthusiastic he has been about the RECOOP sessions. He has spoken with pride of the tasks he has accomplished and it has opened new doors to activities and resources he had not previously considered."
"I cannot believe what a change he has had in his attitude and engagement in all aspects of his support. When he first arrived, he was very difficult to engage, tended to isolate, was low in mood and occasionally hostile. He was on 3 signings a day and he was considered high risk. Due to his age, physical disabilities and offences, his opportunities in the community were very limited. Since attending RECOOP, he has become more engaged with staff, his attitude is altogether more positive, he is more active and he has had his risk level reduced from high to medium".
"In my opinion he has made considerable progress since his release on licence. Clearly the opportunity to work with RECOOP has helped his resettlement in the community and helped him develop a pro-social support network. This has been particularly valuable as he was new to the area".
"Social isolation is a huge risk factor so these weekly sessions definitely contributed to reduction in risk. Due to his learning difficulties and limited social skills, he was unable to live independently as he had lack of basic living skills. Due to cooking weekly with RECOOP, he is now able to cook for himself and has consequently moved to a lower support house.
RECOOP has also helped with his social skills and he now has some self-awareness which has helped his friendships with other residents in the house. We will be putting him through the move on panel soon and his engagement with activities such as RECOOP will definitely help his application. I am extremely grateful for the input of this group in helping resettle this complex gentleman into the community".
"I am pleased at how well he has seized the opportunity to engage with RECOOP. He was quite socially isolated previously and his confidence was low, which had a bearing on risk as he tended to lapse into low mood and fantasy to try to make himself feel better. I have been impressed with how enthusiastic he has been about the RECOOP sessions, he has spoken with pride of the tasks he has accomplished and it has opened new doors to activities and resources he had not previously considered".
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018