Service Users' Voices
Quotes from Hostel Managers and Probation Officers
"I am pleased at how well he has seized the opportunity to engage with RECOOP. He was quite socially isolated previously and his confidence was low, which had a bearing on risk as he tended to lapse into a low mood and fantasy to try to make himself feel better. I have been impressed with how enthusiastic he has been about the RECOOP sessions. He has spoken with pride of the tasks he has accomplished and it has opened new doors to activities and resources he had not previously considered."
"I cannot believe what a change he has had in his attitude and engagement in all aspects of his support. When he first arrived, he was very difficult to engage, tended to isolate, was low in mood and occasionally hostile. He was on 3 signings a day and he was considered high risk. Due to his age, physical disabilities and offences, his opportunities in the community were very limited. Since attending RECOOP, he has become more engaged with staff, his attitude is altogether more positive, he is more active and he has had his risk level reduced from high to medium".
"In my opinion he has made considerable progress since his release on licence. Clearly the opportunity to work with RECOOP has helped his resettlement in the community and helped him develop a pro-social support network. This has been particularly valuable as he was new to the area".
"Social isolation is a huge risk factor so these weekly sessions definitely contributed to reduction in risk. Due to his learning difficulties and limited social skills, he was unable to live independently as he had lack of basic living skills. Due to cooking weekly with RECOOP, he is now able to cook for himself and has consequently moved to a lower support house.
RECOOP has also helped with his social skills and he now has some self-awareness which has helped his friendships with other residents in the house. We will be putting him through the move on panel soon and his engagement with activities such as RECOOP will definitely help his application. I am extremely grateful for the input of this group in helping resettle this complex gentleman into the community".
"I am pleased at how well he has seized the opportunity to engage with RECOOP. He was quite socially isolated previously and his confidence was low, which had a bearing on risk as he tended to lapse into low mood and fantasy to try to make himself feel better. I have been impressed with how enthusiastic he has been about the RECOOP sessions, he has spoken with pride of the tasks he has accomplished and it has opened new doors to activities and resources he had not previously considered".
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018