Service Users' Voices
Quotes from HMP Leyhill
"The Lobster Pot is a good place to come when you first land here. You can find out info about the prison, make friends/mates, get info for forward planning / release and they do a lot of varied sessions on many varied sessions from benefits to banking, social care to community links."
"I find the information available displayed on the walls amazing. The people who come into Leyhill (RECOOP project workers) are really friendly and are always open for a chat and are worth their weight in gold. They provide a worthwhile service to help prisoners like me prepare for release. The programmes provided, quizzes, nature walks and lots of other things are well presented and they also provide drinks and sometimes food, giving prisoners who have passed through life to become OAPs on the outside. It’s a wonderful centre and works 100%."
"I enjoy coming to the Lobster Pot each day because of the company and the conversation. The staff and orderlies are more than accommodating and the nature walks are very interesting."
"The Lobster Pot is a good place to meet others and have a chat with the staff. There is a lot going on there and they are always trying new things. Prison can be a lonely place and this place can keep you out of your room."
"The benefit to me is that it gets me out of my cell, gives me a chance to go where I can have a hot drink and read the newspaper. I can get advice from the friendly staff and you’ve always got someone to talk to. I’ve been involved in the horticulture course they have been running and I have enjoyed that."
"It’s great for advice on outside associations, bail hostels and other places on the outside. All the staff are very helpful. It’s great to come in, have a coffee and the garden is great."
"My time in prison has been a lot of emotions mainly - dampened - but I love the Lobster Pot for the smiling and chatty faces. When I help out I’m always thanked for my contribution which is appreciated."
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018