Service Users' Voices
Quotes from HMP Leyhill
"The Lobster Pot is a good place to come when you first land here. You can find out info about the prison, make friends/mates, get info for forward planning / release and they do a lot of varied sessions on many varied sessions from benefits to banking, social care to community links."
"I find the information available displayed on the walls amazing. The people who come into Leyhill (RECOOP project workers) are really friendly and are always open for a chat and are worth their weight in gold. They provide a worthwhile service to help prisoners like me prepare for release. The programmes provided, quizzes, nature walks and lots of other things are well presented and they also provide drinks and sometimes food, giving prisoners who have passed through life to become OAPs on the outside. It’s a wonderful centre and works 100%."
"I enjoy coming to the Lobster Pot each day because of the company and the conversation. The staff and orderlies are more than accommodating and the nature walks are very interesting."
"The Lobster Pot is a good place to meet others and have a chat with the staff. There is a lot going on there and they are always trying new things. Prison can be a lonely place and this place can keep you out of your room."
"The benefit to me is that it gets me out of my cell, gives me a chance to go where I can have a hot drink and read the newspaper. I can get advice from the friendly staff and you’ve always got someone to talk to. I’ve been involved in the horticulture course they have been running and I have enjoyed that."
"It’s great for advice on outside associations, bail hostels and other places on the outside. All the staff are very helpful. It’s great to come in, have a coffee and the garden is great."
"My time in prison has been a lot of emotions mainly - dampened - but I love the Lobster Pot for the smiling and chatty faces. When I help out I’m always thanked for my contribution which is appreciated."
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019