Service Users' Voices
Benefits of Day Centre at HMP Manchester
You may recall that I recently mentioned to you the benefits gained from the regular meeting of the Over 50s Group of inmates since my admission here in January of last year. I have found that there is much to be gained by all concerned from the group. The inmates gain valuable mental stimulation from the quizzes, scrabble, chess and other activities which serve to sharpen the memories of many, some of whom are at a stage in their life where memory can escape into the ether.
A number of people have told me personally that the group gives them something to look forward to each week. This can only be a good thing, particularly for those with a release date far into the distance. This can only be of assistance in terms of prisoners’ self-worth and general wellbeing and will of course also be a benefit to staff who will be dealing with a happier and more contented group of people.
On behalf of those prisoners in K Wing, who have greatly benefited, I would like to pass on my thanks to yourself and to those involved in your organisation for your excellent work. Long may it continue.
Over 50s Rep
HMP Manchester K Wing
- Care UK / HMP Dartmoor and the RECOOP Buddy Support Workers receive HSJ News Patient Safety End of Life Award 2019 https://t.co/tECpiDZsQO11:49am, Jul 18, 2019
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019