Service Users' Voices
Benefits of Day Centre at HMP Manchester
You may recall that I recently mentioned to you the benefits gained from the regular meeting of the Over 50s Group of inmates since my admission here in January of last year. I have found that there is much to be gained by all concerned from the group. The inmates gain valuable mental stimulation from the quizzes, scrabble, chess and other activities which serve to sharpen the memories of many, some of whom are at a stage in their life where memory can escape into the ether.
A number of people have told me personally that the group gives them something to look forward to each week. This can only be a good thing, particularly for those with a release date far into the distance. This can only be of assistance in terms of prisoners’ self-worth and general wellbeing and will of course also be a benefit to staff who will be dealing with a happier and more contented group of people.
On behalf of those prisoners in K Wing, who have greatly benefited, I would like to pass on my thanks to yourself and to those involved in your organisation for your excellent work. Long may it continue.
Over 50s Rep
HMP Manchester K Wing
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018