RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older offenders and ex-offenders offering services, consultancy, training and support across the country to this group. RECOOP is an independent charity and part of the BCHA Group.
We are looking for motivated individuals to join our Management Board which sets our strategies, monitors performance and ensures that RECOOP delivers high quality services, in a challenging, fast-changing environment.
We are currently recruiting for:
GENERAL BOARD MEMBERS
We are keen to hear from people with significant current or recent senior level experience in:
- Offender / Prisoner resettlement or intervention support
- Information Advice and Guidance / Social Inclusion
- Accommodation / Floating support / Mentoring
- Work within Health, Social Care, End of Life Care and Well-being arenas
- Experience of Criminal Justice arena (Prison / Probation / CRC)
ABOUT THESE ROLES
For both roles, we actively encourage applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, and people who consider themselves to be disabled.
As a charitable organisation, RECOOP board membership is unpaid, but out of pocket expenses can be reimbursed.
In addition to a commitment to attend quarterly board meetings (weekday mornings, Bournemouth / Poole), members are also expected to attend one half-day development day per year and develop a strong understanding of the business by visiting our services. Additional training sessions and meetings are held as required.
If you are interested in joining our Board, have the skills required to make a difference and can fulfil the time commitment, please contact Paul Grainge (PaulGrainge@recoop.org.uk) for further details or an application pack. Please register your interest before the end of October 2018 for consideration.
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018