Attitudes, Thinking, Behaviour
This is an important Pathway in helping to change attitudes and unhelpful thinking patterns and behaviours. It also helps develop new social skills. RECOOP has been effective in this Pathway and has arranged for Social Care Consultations with a Department of Health representative eliciting views and opinions on the provision of social care within the United Kingdom.
One of RECOOP’s core values is in the setting-up of senior forums run by prisoners for prisoners and through debate, discussion and resolving issues many new skills are able to be developed. Quiz sessions have also enabled effective team work and listening skills.
We aim to encourage older people to take an active interest in the outside world and a wide range of talks on topical issues are arranged, ranging from an art history course in one prison where there are a number of talented artists, to music performances.
Prisoners are more likely to have negative social attitudes and poor self-control. Successfully addressing their attitudes, thinking and behaviour during custody may reduce re-offending by up to 14% (Impact Pathways website July 2015).
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to over 20 services linked to this Pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018