Attitudes, Thinking, Behaviour
This is an important Pathway in helping to change attitudes and unhelpful thinking patterns and behaviours. It also helps develop new social skills. RECOOP has been effective in this Pathway and has arranged for Social Care Consultations with a Department of Health representative eliciting views and opinions on the provision of social care within the United Kingdom.
One of RECOOP’s core values is in the setting-up of senior forums run by prisoners for prisoners and through debate, discussion and resolving issues many new skills are able to be developed. Quiz sessions have also enabled effective team work and listening skills.
We aim to encourage older people to take an active interest in the outside world and a wide range of talks on topical issues are arranged, ranging from an art history course in one prison where there are a number of talented artists, to music performances.
Prisoners are more likely to have negative social attitudes and poor self-control. Successfully addressing their attitudes, thinking and behaviour during custody may reduce re-offending by up to 14% (Impact Pathways website July 2015).
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to over 20 services linked to this Pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- February&March saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @hmp_kirkham and HMP Preston! Younger prisoners are trained… https://t.co/r50ecUFqBf11:49am, Mar 30, 2020
- RT @HWymott: These are tough times for all. We’ve set up a mailbox for family members and friends to write to us with questions and comment…11:44am, Mar 27, 2020
- Anyone else have concerns about trying to get the correct information across to elderly relatives or clients about… https://t.co/sNKbAHbvxj11:33am, Mar 26, 2020
- 👍 https://t.co/wHIXdFJGtV11:28am, Mar 26, 2020
- January saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @HWymott where younger prisoners support older and vulnerable priso… https://t.co/NBR8C1xqDN11:17am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PFHelpline: @Clinks_Tweets @prisonadvice We’re also available for prisoners’ families from 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and from 10am - 3…10:19am, Mar 26, 2020
- Keep your mind active and a daily routine in place where possible #Recoop #supportforall https://t.co/sFw2L8h5uV10:18am, Mar 26, 2020
- At Recoop we offer Distraction Packs for the older and main population. They are extremely popular in our cluster p… https://t.co/Ux5BwTYuEi10:15am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PORSCH_Network: BBC News - Coranavirus: Emergency plan for prisons in England and Wales https://t.co/dkctHsgaNg11:26am, Mar 25, 2020
- @HWymott I hope some of these are our Buddies! :) Well done Wymott9:51am, Mar 25, 2020