Attitudes, Thinking, Behaviour
This is an important Pathway in helping to change attitudes and unhelpful thinking patterns and behaviours. It also helps develop new social skills. RECOOP has been effective in this Pathway and has arranged for Social Care Consultations with a Department of Health representative eliciting views and opinions on the provision of social care within the United Kingdom.
One of RECOOP’s core values is in the setting-up of senior forums run by prisoners for prisoners and through debate, discussion and resolving issues many new skills are able to be developed. Quiz sessions have also enabled effective team work and listening skills.
We aim to encourage older people to take an active interest in the outside world and a wide range of talks on topical issues are arranged, ranging from an art history course in one prison where there are a number of talented artists, to music performances.
Prisoners are more likely to have negative social attitudes and poor self-control. Successfully addressing their attitudes, thinking and behaviour during custody may reduce re-offending by up to 14% (Impact Pathways website July 2015).
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to over 20 services linked to this Pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018