Attitudes, Thinking, Behaviour
This is an important Pathway in helping to change attitudes and unhelpful thinking patterns and behaviours. It also helps develop new social skills. RECOOP has been effective in this Pathway and has arranged for Social Care Consultations with a Department of Health representative eliciting views and opinions on the provision of social care within the United Kingdom.
One of RECOOP’s core values is in the setting-up of senior forums run by prisoners for prisoners and through debate, discussion and resolving issues many new skills are able to be developed. Quiz sessions have also enabled effective team work and listening skills.
We aim to encourage older people to take an active interest in the outside world and a wide range of talks on topical issues are arranged, ranging from an art history course in one prison where there are a number of talented artists, to music performances.
Prisoners are more likely to have negative social attitudes and poor self-control. Successfully addressing their attitudes, thinking and behaviour during custody may reduce re-offending by up to 14% (Impact Pathways website July 2015).
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to over 20 services linked to this Pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- RT @HMPDownview: Had a poetry competition for our ladies - theme "Inspirational Women". But 1 lady entered this, with a little note attache…9:41am, May 22, 2020
- @HMP_Dartmoor I hope our Buddy Support workers, clients and staff are all well at this time-Stay safe12:31pm, May 20, 2020
- Find out more about our exciting work, working in line with @BCHAnews and news on our website🌈:… https://t.co/9z5jDIrBT012:25pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @MyGenerationGM: We have some exciting news 🎙 We started just under a year ago. Now, we’re proud to share with you our very own websi…12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- @MyGenerationGM Great work12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @HMP_Liverpool: All of @MoJGovUK and @hmpps should be taking a moment out to support @mikewheatley1 tomorrow as we remember 'Our Ruth' a…11:56am, May 20, 2020
- We’ve received a grant from The Aldo Trust. It will allow us to offer individual grants for individuals to help the… https://t.co/i7bd5fpSLs1:57pm, May 18, 2020
- @DeathCafePUNC @DyingMatters So very sad2:15pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @Bethlem_Gallery: Bethlem Gallery's Mental Health & Justice Project continues. Some of the artists involved have made their early workin…2:13pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @HMPHatfield: We are open ! Please call in to view our range of plants as well as shabby chic and bespoke furniture-all hand worked by t…2:04pm, May 13, 2020