Children and Families
Although many of the older offenders may not have dependant children, their grandchildren, wives, husbands and older children are still very important to them for a feeling of support, structure and well-being. Some of the activities we organise that fit into this pathway include:
- Card making: an effective way of maintaining links with loved ones
- Book marks: a thoughtful, light gift that can be posted easily
- Over 50’s Family Days: with a quiz, enabling families to work together as a team.
Action for Prisoners Families estimate that:
- In the United Kingdom approximately 200,000 children have a parent sent to prison each year.
- During their time at school 7% of children experience their father’s imprisonment, with 59% of the male prison population and 66% of female prisoners, having a dependant child.
- The children of prisoners are 3 times more likely to take part in anti-social and delinquent behaviour.
- 65% of boys who have a father in prison will go onto offend themselves.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing support for children and families in the Gloucestershire, Avon, Bristol and Somerset areas.
- February&March saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @hmp_kirkham and HMP Preston! Younger prisoners are trained… https://t.co/r50ecUFqBf11:49am, Mar 30, 2020
- RT @HWymott: These are tough times for all. We’ve set up a mailbox for family members and friends to write to us with questions and comment…11:44am, Mar 27, 2020
- Anyone else have concerns about trying to get the correct information across to elderly relatives or clients about… https://t.co/sNKbAHbvxj11:33am, Mar 26, 2020
- 👍 https://t.co/wHIXdFJGtV11:28am, Mar 26, 2020
- January saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @HWymott where younger prisoners support older and vulnerable priso… https://t.co/NBR8C1xqDN11:17am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PFHelpline: @Clinks_Tweets @prisonadvice We’re also available for prisoners’ families from 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and from 10am - 3…10:19am, Mar 26, 2020
- Keep your mind active and a daily routine in place where possible #Recoop #supportforall https://t.co/sFw2L8h5uV10:18am, Mar 26, 2020
- At Recoop we offer Distraction Packs for the older and main population. They are extremely popular in our cluster p… https://t.co/Ux5BwTYuEi10:15am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PORSCH_Network: BBC News - Coranavirus: Emergency plan for prisons in England and Wales https://t.co/dkctHsgaNg11:26am, Mar 25, 2020
- @HWymott I hope some of these are our Buddies! :) Well done Wymott9:51am, Mar 25, 2020