Children and Families
Although many of the older offenders may not have dependant children, their grandchildren, wives, husbands and older children are still very important to them for a feeling of support, structure and well-being. Some of the activities we organise that fit into this pathway include:
- Card making: an effective way of maintaining links with loved ones
- Book marks: a thoughtful, light gift that can be posted easily
- Over 50’s Family Days: with a quiz, enabling families to work together as a team.
Action for Prisoners Families estimate that:
- In the United Kingdom approximately 200,000 children have a parent sent to prison each year.
- During their time at school 7% of children experience their father’s imprisonment, with 59% of the male prison population and 66% of female prisoners, having a dependant child.
- The children of prisoners are 3 times more likely to take part in anti-social and delinquent behaviour.
- 65% of boys who have a father in prison will go onto offend themselves.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing support for children and families in the Gloucestershire, Avon, Bristol and Somerset areas.
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018