Children and Families
Although many of the older offenders may not have dependant children, their grandchildren, wives, husbands and older children are still very important to them for a feeling of support, structure and well-being. Some of the activities we organise that fit into this pathway include:
- Card making: an effective way of maintaining links with loved ones
- Book marks: a thoughtful, light gift that can be posted easily
- Over 50’s Family Days: with a quiz, enabling families to work together as a team.
Action for Prisoners Families estimate that:
- In the United Kingdom approximately 200,000 children have a parent sent to prison each year.
- During their time at school 7% of children experience their father’s imprisonment, with 59% of the male prison population and 66% of female prisoners, having a dependant child.
- The children of prisoners are 3 times more likely to take part in anti-social and delinquent behaviour.
- 65% of boys who have a father in prison will go onto offend themselves.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing support for children and families in the Gloucestershire, Avon, Bristol and Somerset areas.
- RT @HMPDownview: Had a poetry competition for our ladies - theme "Inspirational Women". But 1 lady entered this, with a little note attache…9:41am, May 22, 2020
- @HMP_Dartmoor I hope our Buddy Support workers, clients and staff are all well at this time-Stay safe12:31pm, May 20, 2020
- Find out more about our exciting work, working in line with @BCHAnews and news on our website🌈:… https://t.co/9z5jDIrBT012:25pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @MyGenerationGM: We have some exciting news 🎙 We started just under a year ago. Now, we’re proud to share with you our very own websi…12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- @MyGenerationGM Great work12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @HMP_Liverpool: All of @MoJGovUK and @hmpps should be taking a moment out to support @mikewheatley1 tomorrow as we remember 'Our Ruth' a…11:56am, May 20, 2020
- We’ve received a grant from The Aldo Trust. It will allow us to offer individual grants for individuals to help the… https://t.co/i7bd5fpSLs1:57pm, May 18, 2020
- @DeathCafePUNC @DyingMatters So very sad2:15pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @Bethlem_Gallery: Bethlem Gallery's Mental Health & Justice Project continues. Some of the artists involved have made their early workin…2:13pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @HMPHatfield: We are open ! Please call in to view our range of plants as well as shabby chic and bespoke furniture-all hand worked by t…2:04pm, May 13, 2020