Education, Training, Work
RECOOP has arranged speakers for many of the prisons that have extended insight into how to set up businesses on release, volunteer and paid work with a criminal record.
Educational sessions on local and world history, nature and the Arts have been given by a series of speakers, as well as sessions on issues to do with ageing by organisations such as Age UK and Dignity in Care.
Statistics provided by Impact Pathways (July 2015) state that:
After release from custody, offenders tend to have employment levels well below the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 15% of offenders were in P45 employment
- 29% of offenders starting a P45 employment spell at some point in the two years following their release from custody
Linked to this, offenders also typically have higher levels of out-of-work benefits receipt than in the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 47% of offenders were receiving a DWP out-of-work benefit
- 75% of offenders starting a new claim to an out-of-work benefit at some point in the two years following their release.
This compares to just 12% of the general working-age population (16-64 years) in receipt of an out-of-work benefit at any one time.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing services under this pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- Alert! ❗️❗️❗️❗️Ever wondered what the Buddy Support Programme does in prisons? From Devon to the Northwest. Check i… https://t.co/9nf0buu2Vr1:49pm, Jul 03, 2020
- @HMPChelmsford @borderlinebooks Great to see11:14am, Jul 03, 2020
- RT @stafford_hmp: Great to be able to share with you that we will be working with @PurpleVisits to allow virtual visits. A start date is to…11:04am, Jul 03, 2020
- RT @HmppsInsights: Book now for the Manchester Crime & Justice Film Festival 14th July. Hosted by @ManMetUni and @MMUPolicyEval, the virtua…2:49pm, Jul 02, 2020
- @HmppsInsights @ManMetUni @MMUPolicyEval @KoestlerArts This looks great!2:49pm, Jul 02, 2020
- @FirstTimeInside @FacultyScot @HumzaYousaf @AlexJODonnell @AamerAnwar @fionacs @Thinktastic @BMcconnachieQC… https://t.co/sEB5UnA8In2:37pm, Jul 02, 2020
- RT @forder_phil: There's a danger my account becomes HMP Parc Art gallery but why not? Here are some sketches a prisoner did on the wing +…9:53am, Jul 01, 2020
- @forder_phil @G4S @fmspear @RTA_ARTS @KoestlerArts @PrisonArts @ArtsCJS @Elitedance @OddArtsUK @manwithbooks These are wonderful9:53am, Jul 01, 2020
- @HMPPrisonWife Sorry to hear that :(9:51am, Jul 01, 2020
- RT @DyingMatters: Independent Age is calling for more support for bereaved people. The charity's research has found that up to 77,000 peop…12:12pm, Jun 30, 2020