Education, Training, Work
RECOOP has arranged speakers for many of the prisons that have extended insight into how to set up businesses on release, volunteer and paid work with a criminal record.
Educational sessions on local and world history, nature and the Arts have been given by a series of speakers, as well as sessions on issues to do with ageing by organisations such as Age UK and Dignity in Care.
Statistics provided by Impact Pathways (July 2015) state that:
After release from custody, offenders tend to have employment levels well below the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 15% of offenders were in P45 employment
- 29% of offenders starting a P45 employment spell at some point in the two years following their release from custody
Linked to this, offenders also typically have higher levels of out-of-work benefits receipt than in the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 47% of offenders were receiving a DWP out-of-work benefit
- 75% of offenders starting a new claim to an out-of-work benefit at some point in the two years following their release.
This compares to just 12% of the general working-age population (16-64 years) in receipt of an out-of-work benefit at any one time.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing services under this pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018
- RECOOP delighted to be working with @SSAFA, recent recipient of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, on Armed Fo… https://t.co/46Sq1IONbZ9:35am, Jun 19, 2018
- RECOOP's Transition 50+ Resettlement: "A course to be remembered with a real sense of pride and accomplishment" https://t.co/Gu13nwQKEz10:15am, May 15, 2018
- Service-user highlights benefits of RECOOP Day Centre where they "gain valuable mental stimulation helping to sharp… https://t.co/hx6CLoSsmu10:31am, May 10, 2018
- Delighted that RECOOP services and good practice feature a number of times in HMPPS’s recently published “Model for… https://t.co/6hyYTrXgd310:25am, May 03, 2018
- Feedback from Transition 50+ Resettlement Course "has opened up many pathways to be explored" and "covers all aspec… https://t.co/FgIHwpThea11:40am, Apr 25, 2018