Education, Training, Work
RECOOP has arranged speakers for many of the prisons that have extended insight into how to set up businesses on release, volunteer and paid work with a criminal record.
Educational sessions on local and world history, nature and the Arts have been given by a series of speakers, as well as sessions on issues to do with ageing by organisations such as Age UK and Dignity in Care.
Statistics provided by Impact Pathways (July 2015) state that:
After release from custody, offenders tend to have employment levels well below the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 15% of offenders were in P45 employment
- 29% of offenders starting a P45 employment spell at some point in the two years following their release from custody
Linked to this, offenders also typically have higher levels of out-of-work benefits receipt than in the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 47% of offenders were receiving a DWP out-of-work benefit
- 75% of offenders starting a new claim to an out-of-work benefit at some point in the two years following their release.
This compares to just 12% of the general working-age population (16-64 years) in receipt of an out-of-work benefit at any one time.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing services under this pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- Care UK / HMP Dartmoor and the RECOOP Buddy Support Workers receive HSJ News Patient Safety End of Life Award 2019 https://t.co/tECpiDZsQO11:49am, Jul 18, 2019
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019