Education, Training, Work
RECOOP has arranged speakers for many of the prisons that have extended insight into how to set up businesses on release, volunteer and paid work with a criminal record.
Educational sessions on local and world history, nature and the Arts have been given by a series of speakers, as well as sessions on issues to do with ageing by organisations such as Age UK and Dignity in Care.
Statistics provided by Impact Pathways (July 2015) state that:
After release from custody, offenders tend to have employment levels well below the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 15% of offenders were in P45 employment
- 29% of offenders starting a P45 employment spell at some point in the two years following their release from custody
Linked to this, offenders also typically have higher levels of out-of-work benefits receipt than in the general population. Two years after release from custody in 2008:
- 47% of offenders were receiving a DWP out-of-work benefit
- 75% of offenders starting a new claim to an out-of-work benefit at some point in the two years following their release.
This compares to just 12% of the general working-age population (16-64 years) in receipt of an out-of-work benefit at any one time.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing services under this pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- RT @HMPDownview: Had a poetry competition for our ladies - theme "Inspirational Women". But 1 lady entered this, with a little note attache…9:41am, May 22, 2020
- @HMP_Dartmoor I hope our Buddy Support workers, clients and staff are all well at this time-Stay safe12:31pm, May 20, 2020
- Find out more about our exciting work, working in line with @BCHAnews and news on our website🌈:… https://t.co/9z5jDIrBT012:25pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @MyGenerationGM: We have some exciting news 🎙 We started just under a year ago. Now, we’re proud to share with you our very own websi…12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- @MyGenerationGM Great work12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @HMP_Liverpool: All of @MoJGovUK and @hmpps should be taking a moment out to support @mikewheatley1 tomorrow as we remember 'Our Ruth' a…11:56am, May 20, 2020
- We’ve received a grant from The Aldo Trust. It will allow us to offer individual grants for individuals to help the… https://t.co/i7bd5fpSLs1:57pm, May 18, 2020
- @DeathCafePUNC @DyingMatters So very sad2:15pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @Bethlem_Gallery: Bethlem Gallery's Mental Health & Justice Project continues. Some of the artists involved have made their early workin…2:13pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @HMPHatfield: We are open ! Please call in to view our range of plants as well as shabby chic and bespoke furniture-all hand worked by t…2:04pm, May 13, 2020