AbuseRECOOP has worked closely with the local women’s CRISIS Centre and offers support and insight by inviting various speakers to come in and talk to the women. This has included a talk by a psychiatrist working at a local rehabilitation centre entitled: "From abuse to addiction and how to break the cycle".
- Women with histories of violence and abuse are over represented in the criminal justice system and can be described as victims as well as offenders*
- Relationship problems feature strongly in women’s pathways into crime*
- Coercion by men can form a route into criminal activity for some women
* Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations who offer services tailored for women in the Gloucestershire, Avon, Bristol and Somerset areas.
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Care UK / HMP Dartmoor and the RECOOP Buddy Support Workers receive HSJ News Patient Safety End of Life Award 2019 https://t.co/tECpiDZsQO11:49am, Jul 18, 2019
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
Thursday, August 22nd 2019
The Reader's Digest has recently published an article following their investigation into whether “Britain’s prisons are ready to cope with the reality of our ageing inmates”. The article highlights the severe lack of provision for ...
RECOOP projects win Platinum Award 2014 & 2015