Help and Advice
If you are a professional working with older offenders and ex-offenders, you may want to sign-up to our members' site, where you can access a range of free resources for working with this client group.
If you need help or advice, the following organisations are available to give free, impartial advice and information:
The Hardman Directory
Contains useful information relating to a range of grant funding available for anyone working within prison or the community (subject to CRC/NPS management). The funding can also be applied for by individuals and families for a range of support needs.
The Prison Reform Trust has an advice and information service. They can provide advice to people in prison, their families, and anyone working with prisoners. They answer queries about all aspects of the prison system. The Trust cannot provide legal advice but they will write to a prison for you if need be. Please note this is not a free phone number. You can also write to them at Prison Reform Trust, Freepost ND 6125 London EC1B 1PN.
T: 020 7251 5070 (NB If you are in prison you will to need to change your pin number to call)
The Offenders' Families Helpline is delivered by the organisation Partners of Prisoners and Families Support Group (POPS) as commissioned by NOMS. POPS is based in the North-West and delivers services to support the families of offenders from the point of arrest through to release and beyond. The helpline provides information and support to anyone supporting an offender through their contact with the Criminal Justice System. Information can also be accessed via our website. There is also a translation and interpreting service available if English is not your first language.
NACRO's Resettlement Advice Service offers advice and help for individuals with a criminal record.
T: 0300 123 1999
UNLOCK Criminal Record Disclosure Calculator is a free online tool provided by UNLOCK, the national association of reformed offenders. The calculator will establish when a criminal conviction becomes "spent" under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and therefore no longer needs to be disclosed to employers and insurers, which UNLOCK say helps "remove the discrimination that acts as a barrier to successful reintegration".
Women in Prison advice line is a freephone service offering help and advice to women affected by the Criminal Justice System. Please note the service is only for use by offenders and ex offenders.
T: 020 7359 6674
Revolving Doors is a charity working across England to change systems and improve services for people with multiple problems, including poor mental health, who are in contact with the criminal justice system..
T: 020 7407 0747
Bridging the Gap - works with offenders and ex-offenders to help them to re-integrate back into society and to lead a law abiding life. It offers advice and information to thousands of people every year: prisoners, their families, prison and probation staff, academics and interested parties.
T 020 8090 1486
Sherrifs & Recorder's Fund - the Fund gives small grants to ex-prisoners and their families in London, to help them stop offending and start a new life.
T: 020 7248 3277
Forward supports people to break the cycle of crime and addiction in order to move forward with their lives. Forward has thousands of examples of former clients who have transformed their lives away from addiction/crime and believes that, with the access to the right support, anyone is capable of transformational change.
T: 020 3752 5560
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018
- RECOOP delighted to be working with @SSAFA, recent recipient of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, on Armed Fo… https://t.co/46Sq1IONbZ9:35am, Jun 19, 2018
- RECOOP's Transition 50+ Resettlement: "A course to be remembered with a real sense of pride and accomplishment" https://t.co/Gu13nwQKEz10:15am, May 15, 2018
- Service-user highlights benefits of RECOOP Day Centre where they "gain valuable mental stimulation helping to sharp… https://t.co/hx6CLoSsmu10:31am, May 10, 2018
- Delighted that RECOOP services and good practice feature a number of times in HMPPS’s recently published “Model for… https://t.co/6hyYTrXgd310:25am, May 03, 2018
- Feedback from Transition 50+ Resettlement Course "has opened up many pathways to be explored" and "covers all aspec… https://t.co/FgIHwpThea11:40am, Apr 25, 2018