The Members' section of the RECOOP website is dedicated to professionals who work with, or are interested in working with, older offenders. If you work in a prison, in the Criminal Justice sector, or for a voluntary sector organisation working in the Criminal Justice arena, you will be able to access our range of specialist resources. These include information, advice and guidance on working with older offenders, training materials and session plans for running group activities.
Please note that the resource library is being built up over time, so do keep checking to find out what new resources have been made available.
To sign up as a member please complete the Membership application form.
RECOOP has been proud to manage a project, funded centrally by HMPPS, which was designed “To assess the need and ability of prisons and approved premises to adapt their regimes to meet the needs of older offenders” and we are delighted to announce the Good Practice Guides are now available.
It became apparent during the life of the project, that there was already a great deal of good work being carried out with the older population. Despite the absence of a national policy, coupled with the economic challenges faced by the project prisons, there was a definite commitment to improve the provision of services and support to older prisoners.
We have taken our research and project development achievements, coupled with some best practice already in existence, and consolidated it into ‘Good Practice Guides’ to act as a support reference for continued use beyond the life of the project which can be downloaded here.
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018