The Members' section of the RECOOP website is dedicated to professionals who work with, or are interested in working with, older offenders. If you work in a prison, in the Criminal Justice sector, or for a voluntary sector organisation working in the Criminal Justice arena, you will be able to access our range of specialist resources. These include information, advice and guidance on working with older offenders, training materials and session plans for running group activities.
Please note that the resource library is being built up over time, so do keep checking to find out what new resources have been made available.
To sign up as a member please complete the Membership application form.
RECOOP has been proud to manage a project, funded centrally by HMPPS, which was designed “To assess the need and ability of prisons and approved premises to adapt their regimes to meet the needs of older offenders” and we are delighted to announce the Good Practice Guides are now available.
It became apparent during the life of the project, that there was already a great deal of good work being carried out with the older population. Despite the absence of a national policy, coupled with the economic challenges faced by the project prisons, there was a definite commitment to improve the provision of services and support to older prisoners.
We have taken our research and project development achievements, coupled with some best practice already in existence, and consolidated it into ‘Good Practice Guides’ to act as a support reference for continued use beyond the life of the project which can be downloaded here.
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018