RECOOP has managed two projects, directly focussed on the needs of older offenders. Both projects were centrally funded by HMPPS.
The first, in 2014, was a 2-year National Capacity Building Project, the aims of which were to support Prisons, Probation Trusts and other organisations, including Third Sector, to build the range, capacity and skills necessary to meet the needs of older offenders in custody and through the resettlement transition.
During this project we worked with over 60 prisons and Probation Trusts in England & Wales supporting them with our expertise and knowledge with this hard to reach group, providing the resources they needed and, crucially, supporting them in establishing long-term, sustainable and effective partnerships.
The second, in 2016, was a Research Project, which aimed to “assess the need and ability of prisons and approved premises to meet the needs of older offenders”. We worked with four prisons (across a range of categories) and two approved premises.
It became apparent during the life of the project, that there was already some good work being carried out with the older population. Despite the economic challenges faced by the prison estate, there was a definite commitment to improve the provision of services and support to older prisoners. We were able to use our expertise in this area and enhance some of the existing good practice and test out new, zero or low cost solutions to improve regimes to better meet the needs of the growing older population.
We have taken our experience, project development achievements, coupled with best practice from both funded projects and consolidated them into a Consultancy package “Reflecting on Age”.
Full details about our Services can be found by clicking the pdf link below. For further details please contact: email@example.com
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018
- RECOOP delighted to be working with @SSAFA, recent recipient of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, on Armed Fo… https://t.co/46Sq1IONbZ9:35am, Jun 19, 2018
- RECOOP's Transition 50+ Resettlement: "A course to be remembered with a real sense of pride and accomplishment" https://t.co/Gu13nwQKEz10:15am, May 15, 2018
- Service-user highlights benefits of RECOOP Day Centre where they "gain valuable mental stimulation helping to sharp… https://t.co/hx6CLoSsmu10:31am, May 10, 2018