Healthy Eating & Living in Prison
With obesity at an all-time high, there has never been a greater urgency to address the detrimental effect poor food choices and lack of exercise have within our prison system.
In one of his reports, ex-chief Inspector of Prisons, Nick Hardwick, commented: “Some men emerge only to take an occasional shower, to make a quick phone call or to queue to collect a tray of carb-rich food at mealtimes”.
Recognising this problem, RECOOP developed and has successfully delivered, a 6-week healthy weight and exercise programme (HELP – Healthy Eating & Living in Prison) appropriate for people of any age and ability whilst in a custodial setting.
Group-based sessions can be delivered weekly by prison or gym staff using the Weight Management & Exercise programme.
HELP is an affordable solution. For a one-off cost of £1,500 you will receive all the resources you need to deliver the programme on a weekly basis. The package includes:
- A 2-hour training session with one of our Consultants enabling self-delivery
- A comprehensive Facilitator Folder containing week-by-week session plans and supporting material
- Scales that also measure BMI
- 10 Pedometers for use by participants
- Plastic Foods (for nutritional sessions)
Further information can be found in the leaflet which can be downloaded from this page, or by contacting:firstname.lastname@example.org
- February&March saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @hmp_kirkham and HMP Preston! Younger prisoners are trained… https://t.co/r50ecUFqBf11:49am, Mar 30, 2020
- RT @HWymott: These are tough times for all. We’ve set up a mailbox for family members and friends to write to us with questions and comment…11:44am, Mar 27, 2020
- Anyone else have concerns about trying to get the correct information across to elderly relatives or clients about… https://t.co/sNKbAHbvxj11:33am, Mar 26, 2020
- 👍 https://t.co/wHIXdFJGtV11:28am, Mar 26, 2020
- January saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @HWymott where younger prisoners support older and vulnerable priso… https://t.co/NBR8C1xqDN11:17am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PFHelpline: @Clinks_Tweets @prisonadvice We’re also available for prisoners’ families from 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and from 10am - 3…10:19am, Mar 26, 2020
- Keep your mind active and a daily routine in place where possible #Recoop #supportforall https://t.co/sFw2L8h5uV10:18am, Mar 26, 2020
- At Recoop we offer Distraction Packs for the older and main population. They are extremely popular in our cluster p… https://t.co/Ux5BwTYuEi10:15am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PORSCH_Network: BBC News - Coranavirus: Emergency plan for prisons in England and Wales https://t.co/dkctHsgaNg11:26am, Mar 25, 2020
- @HWymott I hope some of these are our Buddies! :) Well done Wymott9:51am, Mar 25, 2020