With obesity at an all-time high, there has never been a greater urgency to address the detrimental effect poor food choices and lack of exercise have within our prison system.
In one of his reports, ex-chief Inspector of Prisons, Nick Hardwick, commented: “Some men emerge only to take an occasional shower, to make a quick phone call or to queue to collect a tray of carb-rich food at mealtimes”.
Recognising this problem, RECOOP developed and has successfully delivered, a 6-week healthy weight and exercise programme (HELP – Healthy Eating & Living in Prison) appropriate for people of any age and ability whilst in a custodial setting.
Group-based sessions can be delivered weekly by prison or gym staff using the Weight Management & Exercise programme.
HELP is an affordable solution. For a one-off cost of £1,500 you will receive all the resources you need to deliver the programme on a weekly basis. The package includes:
- A 2-hour training session with one of our Consultants enabling self-delivery
- A comprehensive Facilitator Folder containing week-by-week session plans and supporting material
- Scales that also measure BMI
- 10 Pedometers for use by participants
- Plastic Foods (for nutritional sessions)
Further information can be found in the leaflet which can be downloaded from this page, or by contacting:email@example.com
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018