Having worked with older prisoners and ex-offenders for over ten years, we recognise the importance of keeping active, both physically and mentally. Our Distraction Packs, 'food for thought' were created with that in mind.
Our audience for these packs is widening and we are now producing two issues each month; one for distribution within prisons and the other in the community. Produced on a monthly basis they are available at a cost of £100 per issue, or £1,000pa, per prison and we would be happy to negotiate a suitable price for clusters, regional offices or other national organisations based on size.
A PDF is sent electronically to each subscriber so that printing and distribution can be arranged. They include activities such as word searches, Sudoku, crossword puzzles, quizzes, a health section, poems, interesting reading and art appreciation .
As the situation with Covid-19 is fluid and fast moving, we recognise that prisons will be looking for alternative ways to offer mental stimulation for their population during periods of lock-down. Our Distraction Packs offer a cost-effective solution to an immediate problem and as a gesture of goodwill we are offering our Members the March edition completely free of charge in the hope that it helps you through this challenging period. If you are not already a member, you can register here.
Quote from a recipient: "I want to write to thank your organisation for all your work to help improve older prisoners' lives. Your 'food for thought' booklets are welcomed, as it helps to keep our minds stimulated and pass time in an educated way".
A leaflet giving further information together with a sample issue can be downloaded here.
If you would like to subscribe, or discuss further, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- February&March saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @hmp_kirkham and HMP Preston! Younger prisoners are trained… https://t.co/r50ecUFqBf11:49am, Mar 30, 2020
- RT @HWymott: These are tough times for all. We’ve set up a mailbox for family members and friends to write to us with questions and comment…11:44am, Mar 27, 2020
- Anyone else have concerns about trying to get the correct information across to elderly relatives or clients about… https://t.co/sNKbAHbvxj11:33am, Mar 26, 2020
- 👍 https://t.co/wHIXdFJGtV11:28am, Mar 26, 2020
- January saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @HWymott where younger prisoners support older and vulnerable priso… https://t.co/NBR8C1xqDN11:17am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PFHelpline: @Clinks_Tweets @prisonadvice We’re also available for prisoners’ families from 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and from 10am - 3…10:19am, Mar 26, 2020
- Keep your mind active and a daily routine in place where possible #Recoop #supportforall https://t.co/sFw2L8h5uV10:18am, Mar 26, 2020
- At Recoop we offer Distraction Packs for the older and main population. They are extremely popular in our cluster p… https://t.co/Ux5BwTYuEi10:15am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PORSCH_Network: BBC News - Coranavirus: Emergency plan for prisons in England and Wales https://t.co/dkctHsgaNg11:26am, Mar 25, 2020
- @HWymott I hope some of these are our Buddies! :) Well done Wymott9:51am, Mar 25, 2020