Having worked with older prisoners and ex-offenders for over ten years, we recognise the importance of keeping active, both physically and mentally. Our Distraction Packs, "food for thought" were created with that in mind.
They are produced on a monthly basis and are available at a cost of £100 per issue, or £1,000pa. A PDF is sent electronically to each prison so that printing and distribution can be arranged. They include activities such as word search, Sudoku, crossword puzzles, quizzes, a health section, poems, interesting reading and shared experiences within prison.
Quote from a recipient: "I want to write to thank your organisation for all your work to help improve older prisoners' lives. Your "food for thought" booklets are welcomed, as it helps to keep our minds stimulated and pass time in an educated way".
A leaflet giving further information and a sample of our Decemer issue can be downloaded here.
If you would like to subscribe, or discuss further, please contact us: email@example.com
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018