Having worked with older prisoners and ex-offenders for over ten years, we recognise the importance of keeping active, both physically and mentally. Our Distraction Packs, 'food for thought' were created with that in mind.
Our audience for these packs is widening and we are now producing two issues each month; one for distribution within prisons and the other in the community. Produced on a monthly basis they are available at a cost of £100 per issue, or £1,000pa, per prison and we would be happy to negotiate a suitable price for clusters, regional offices or other national organisations based on size.
A PDF is sent electronically to each subscriber so that printing and distribution can be arranged. They include activities such as word searches, Sudoku, crossword puzzles, quizzes, a health section, poems, interesting reading and art appreciation .
As the situation with Covid-19 is fluid and fast moving, we recognise that prisons will be looking for alternative ways to offer mental stimulation for their population during periods of lock-down. Our Distraction Packs offer a cost-effective solution to an immediate problem and as a gesture of goodwill we are offering our Members the March edition completely free of charge in the hope that it helps you through this challenging period. If you are not already a member, you can register here.
Quote from a recipient: "I want to write to thank your organisation for all your work to help improve older prisoners' lives. Your 'food for thought' booklets are welcomed, as it helps to keep our minds stimulated and pass time in an educated way".
A leaflet giving further information together with a sample issue can be downloaded here.
If you would like to subscribe, or discuss further, please contact us: email@example.com
- RT @HMPDownview: Had a poetry competition for our ladies - theme "Inspirational Women". But 1 lady entered this, with a little note attache…9:41am, May 22, 2020
- @HMP_Dartmoor I hope our Buddy Support workers, clients and staff are all well at this time-Stay safe12:31pm, May 20, 2020
- Find out more about our exciting work, working in line with @BCHAnews and news on our website🌈:… https://t.co/9z5jDIrBT012:25pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @MyGenerationGM: We have some exciting news 🎙 We started just under a year ago. Now, we’re proud to share with you our very own websi…12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- @MyGenerationGM Great work12:11pm, May 20, 2020
- RT @HMP_Liverpool: All of @MoJGovUK and @hmpps should be taking a moment out to support @mikewheatley1 tomorrow as we remember 'Our Ruth' a…11:56am, May 20, 2020
- We’ve received a grant from The Aldo Trust. It will allow us to offer individual grants for individuals to help the… https://t.co/i7bd5fpSLs1:57pm, May 18, 2020
- @DeathCafePUNC @DyingMatters So very sad2:15pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @Bethlem_Gallery: Bethlem Gallery's Mental Health & Justice Project continues. Some of the artists involved have made their early workin…2:13pm, May 13, 2020
- RT @HMPHatfield: We are open ! Please call in to view our range of plants as well as shabby chic and bespoke furniture-all hand worked by t…2:04pm, May 13, 2020