In-Cell Activity Packs
Having worked with older prisoners and ex-offenders for over ten years, we recognise the importance of keeping active, both physically and mentally. Our In-cell Activity Packs, "food for thought" were created with that in mind. The packs were originally developed for use in prisons where we currently provide services and were very well received by the prisoners, who have a lot of inactive time in light of the current pressures on prison regimes.
They are now produced on a monthly basis and are available at a cost of £100 per issue, or £1,000pa. A PDF is sent electronically to each prison so that printing and distribution can be arranged. They include activities such as word search, Sudoku, crossword puzzles, quizzes, a health section, poems, interesting reading and shared experiences within prison.
Quote from a recipient: "I want to write to thank your organisation for all your work to help improve older prisoners' lives. Your "food for thought" booklets are welcomed, as it helps to keep our minds stimulated and pass time in an educated way".
A leaflet giving further information and a sample of our Decemer issue can be downloaded here.
If you would like to subscribe, or discuss further, please contact us: email@example.com
- RECOOP wins Innovation Wessex funding to develop' Transition' Resettlement Training course for community delivery https://t.co/lpYxiDZeRz11:21am, Sep 25, 2018
- Rubies at HMP Eastwood Park win numerous @KoestlerTrust awards and selected to exhibit at #ImStillHere Southbank ex… https://t.co/NlyCKiWPPG9:55am, Sep 17, 2018
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme helps address the issues around poor food choices and lack of exercise… https://t.co/qRnkXFAxz812:10pm, Aug 15, 2018
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018
- RECOOP delighted to be working with @SSAFA, recent recipient of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, on Armed Fo… https://t.co/46Sq1IONbZ9:35am, Jun 19, 2018
- RECOOP's Transition 50+ Resettlement: "A course to be remembered with a real sense of pride and accomplishment" https://t.co/Gu13nwQKEz10:15am, May 15, 2018
- Service-user highlights benefits of RECOOP Day Centre where they "gain valuable mental stimulation helping to sharp… https://t.co/hx6CLoSsmu10:31am, May 10, 2018
- Delighted that RECOOP services and good practice feature a number of times in HMPPS’s recently published “Model for… https://t.co/6hyYTrXgd310:25am, May 03, 2018
- Feedback from Transition 50+ Resettlement Course "has opened up many pathways to be explored" and "covers all aspec… https://t.co/FgIHwpThea11:40am, Apr 25, 2018