Overview of our Services
‘A Different Sense of Time’ is a publication designed to help you find solutions to some of the challenges you may encounter while trying to find suitable regime adaptations for your growing older population.
Many older prisoners arrive with the knowledge that, because of their age, they may die in prison. Others will struggle to navigate regimes whilst trying to manage complex health conditions in an environment that is not geared to support them.
Our portfolio of age-appropriate services, which are approved for call-off on the DPS, considers their mindset, together with the impact on an individual’s health & well-being, when developing meaningful support and enrichment activities for this growing population. They include:
- Achieving Better Outcomes - Staff Training
- The Buddy Support Worker Training Programme
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison (HELP)
- Day Centres
- Day Centre DIY Toolkit
- Transition 50+ Resettlement
- Distraction Packs
- Consultancy - Reflecting on Age
Our services are tailored to meet this very different sense of time and a copy can be downloaded here.
If you would like to discuss how we can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- February&March saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @hmp_kirkham and HMP Preston! Younger prisoners are trained… https://t.co/r50ecUFqBf11:49am, Mar 30, 2020
- RT @HWymott: These are tough times for all. We’ve set up a mailbox for family members and friends to write to us with questions and comment…11:44am, Mar 27, 2020
- Anyone else have concerns about trying to get the correct information across to elderly relatives or clients about… https://t.co/sNKbAHbvxj11:33am, Mar 26, 2020
- 👍 https://t.co/wHIXdFJGtV11:28am, Mar 26, 2020
- January saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @HWymott where younger prisoners support older and vulnerable priso… https://t.co/NBR8C1xqDN11:17am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PFHelpline: @Clinks_Tweets @prisonadvice We’re also available for prisoners’ families from 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and from 10am - 3…10:19am, Mar 26, 2020
- Keep your mind active and a daily routine in place where possible #Recoop #supportforall https://t.co/sFw2L8h5uV10:18am, Mar 26, 2020
- At Recoop we offer Distraction Packs for the older and main population. They are extremely popular in our cluster p… https://t.co/Ux5BwTYuEi10:15am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PORSCH_Network: BBC News - Coranavirus: Emergency plan for prisons in England and Wales https://t.co/dkctHsgaNg11:26am, Mar 25, 2020
- @HWymott I hope some of these are our Buddies! :) Well done Wymott9:51am, Mar 25, 2020