Overview of our Services
‘A Different Sense of Time’ is a publication designed to help you find solutions to some of the challenges you may encounter while trying to find suitable regime adaptations for your growing older population.
Many older prisoners arrive with the knowledge that, because of their age, they may die in prison. Others will struggle to navigate regimes whilst trying to manage complex health conditions in an environment that is not geared to support them.
Our portfolio of age-appropriate services, which are approved for call-off on the DPS, considers their mindset, together with the impact on an individual’s health & well-being, when developing meaningful support and enrichment activities for this growing population. They include:
- Achieving Better Outcomes - Staff Training
- The Buddy Support Worker Training Programme
- Healthy Eating & Living in Prison (HELP)
- Day Centres
- Day Centre DIY Toolkit
- Transition 50+ Resettlement
- Distraction Packs
- Consultancy - Reflecting on Age
Our services are tailored to meet this very different sense of time and a copy can be downloaded here.
If you would like to discuss how we can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care UK / HMP Dartmoor and the RECOOP Buddy Support Workers receive HSJ News Patient Safety End of Life Award 2019 https://t.co/tECpiDZsQO11:49am, Jul 18, 2019
- Robert Buckland QC MP visited the Lobster Pot, at HMP Leyhill & was delighted to learn about RECOOP's excellent wor… https://t.co/lErIrjXsjq9:39am, Jul 05, 2019
- Thank you @alzheimerssoc and Healthcare Dept for the first Dementia Awareness Day at the Lobster Pot giving residen… https://t.co/3aDhsfZNXH11:03am, Jul 02, 2019
- RECOOP awarded @EsmeeFairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019