Transition 50+ Resettlement
Release from prison can be both a daunting and exciting experience. RECOOP’s Transition Programme, which has been designed to address the specific resettlement needs of those who are aged over 50, aims to equip older prisoners with the appropriate knowledge and skills to support a positive resettlement experience and to live responsibly and productively post release.
‘Transition’ is an affordable short programme, delivered at a pace that lends itself to the learning and engagement style of older people. It broadly covers the following themes:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Benefits & Personal Budgeting
- Re-establishing links with friends and family
- Accessing Community Services
We are continually adding sessions to the programme based on learner feedback. The most recent additions are Bereavement and the Benefits of Making a Will.
The ideal prisoner profile is:
- Approaching retirement, perhaps looking for voluntary work rather than actively seeking employment;
- Have health or social care needs;
- Are longer sentenced, so more likely to be institutionalised;
- Length of time still to serve is not a barrier.
A leaflet giving further information can be downloaded here. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018
- Multi-faith Remembrance Service and tree planting ceremony held at HMP Dartmoor in conjunction with @RECOOP_UK and… https://t.co/Tj3kfPqad69:28am, Nov 27, 2018
- Skills learned by one man at the Lobster Pot (over 50s Day Centre at HMP Leyhill) have proved to be invaluable post… https://t.co/sKWYTbVchB11:17am, Nov 20, 2018
- Social care in prisons in England & Wales-A thematic report/Oct 18 recommends “any prisoner providing social care s… https://t.co/gnEl0BerHJ9:22am, Oct 24, 2018
- Aldo Trust grant helps support prisoners directly via RECOOP https://t.co/bwhiVuGPQQ9:10am, Oct 15, 2018
- RECOOP & @DevonCC nominated for Creative & Innovative Social Work Practice Award in recognition of their invaluable… https://t.co/B39v7N604A9:35am, Oct 01, 2018