Transition 50+ Resettlement
Transition 50+ Resettlement
For delivery in both prisons and Approved Premises
Release from prison can be both a daunting and exciting experience. RECOOP’s Transition Programme, designed to address the specific resettlement needs of those aged over 50, aims to equip older prisoners with the appropriate knowledge and skills to support a positive resettlement experience and to live responsibly and productively post release.
A number of prisons have already purchased the programme to support the needs of their older population on a quarterly or bi-monthly basis and because of its success in a custodial environment, we’ve broadened its reach and have adapted and piloted the programme in Approved Premises, with extremely positive feedback from both residents and staff.
‘Transition’ is an affordable short programme, delivered at a pace that lends itself to the learning and engagement style of older people and broadly covers the following themes:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Diet & Nutrition
- Benefits & Personal Budgeting
- Re-establishing links with friends and family
- Accessing Community Services
We are continually adding sessions to the programme based on learner feedback. The most recent additions are Bereavement and the Benefits of Making a Will and a new session on Personal Hygiene is currently being developed.
The ideal participant profile is:
- Approaching retirement, perhaps looking for voluntary work rather than actively seeking employment;
- Moving to a new area;
- Have health or social care needs;
- Are longer sentenced, so more likely to be institutionalised;
- Living independently, perhaps for the first time ever;
- Anxious about resettlement.
Leaflets giving further information can be downloaded here. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February&March saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @hmp_kirkham and HMP Preston! Younger prisoners are trained… https://t.co/r50ecUFqBf11:49am, Mar 30, 2020
- RT @HWymott: These are tough times for all. We’ve set up a mailbox for family members and friends to write to us with questions and comment…11:44am, Mar 27, 2020
- Anyone else have concerns about trying to get the correct information across to elderly relatives or clients about… https://t.co/sNKbAHbvxj11:33am, Mar 26, 2020
- 👍 https://t.co/wHIXdFJGtV11:28am, Mar 26, 2020
- January saw the launch of the Buddy Project in @HWymott where younger prisoners support older and vulnerable priso… https://t.co/NBR8C1xqDN11:17am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PFHelpline: @Clinks_Tweets @prisonadvice We’re also available for prisoners’ families from 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and from 10am - 3…10:19am, Mar 26, 2020
- Keep your mind active and a daily routine in place where possible #Recoop #supportforall https://t.co/sFw2L8h5uV10:18am, Mar 26, 2020
- At Recoop we offer Distraction Packs for the older and main population. They are extremely popular in our cluster p… https://t.co/Ux5BwTYuEi10:15am, Mar 26, 2020
- RT @PORSCH_Network: BBC News - Coranavirus: Emergency plan for prisons in England and Wales https://t.co/dkctHsgaNg11:26am, Mar 25, 2020
- @HWymott I hope some of these are our Buddies! :) Well done Wymott9:51am, Mar 25, 2020