Transition 50+ Resettlement
Transition 50+ Resettlement
For delivery in both prisons and Approved Premises
Release from prison can be both a daunting and exciting experience. RECOOP’s Transition Programme, designed to address the specific resettlement needs of those aged over 50, aims to equip older prisoners with the appropriate knowledge and skills to support a positive resettlement experience and to live responsibly and productively post release.
A number of prisons have already purchased the programme to support the needs of their older population on a quarterly or bi-monthly basis and because of its success in a custodial environment, we’ve broadened its reach and have adapted and piloted the programme in Approved Premises, with extremely positive feedback from both residents and staff.
‘Transition’ is an affordable short programme, delivered at a pace that lends itself to the learning and engagement style of older people and broadly covers the following themes:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Diet & Nutrition
- Benefits & Personal Budgeting
- Re-establishing links with friends and family
- Accessing Community Services
We are continually adding sessions to the programme based on learner feedback. The most recent additions are Bereavement and the Benefits of Making a Will and a new session on Personal Hygiene is currently being developed.
The ideal participant profile is:
- Approaching retirement, perhaps looking for voluntary work rather than actively seeking employment;
- Moving to a new area;
- Have health or social care needs;
- Are longer sentenced, so more likely to be institutionalised;
- Living independently, perhaps for the first time ever;
- Anxious about resettlement.
Leaflets giving further information can be downloaded here. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RECOOP awarded @esmeefairbairn grant to fund new development work to support even more older service-users across t… https://t.co/VWSeqZTyet8:56am, May 22, 2019
- Thank you @RNIB for visiting the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill and delivering a Confidence Building Course which was… https://t.co/nCAlLh6ckv9:37am, Apr 30, 2019
- @Clinks_Tweets Great to have Paul Grainge with us from @RECOOP_UK to speak today. A national charity specialising i… https://t.co/U1VRcLoFgl10:56am, Apr 04, 2019
- We’re pleased to be part of @clinks #flexibilityisvital and hope that momentum continues https://t.co/YqEKSW0p8v11:17am, Apr 01, 2019
- Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme “really provides a focus for the men, some of whom have spent a very long tim… https://t.co/5r9ZKJ9D0n10:05am, Mar 18, 2019
- Just published: 'A Different Sense of Time' – a portfolio of RECOOP’s age-appropriate services to aid prisons find… https://t.co/zGMs8LY5nu11:25am, Feb 19, 2019
- Over 34,000 individuals benefited from RECOOP's 50+ Day Centres in 2018 https://t.co/FR4jwYZkZx10:29am, Feb 06, 2019
- RECOOP’s Distraction Packs address the need for prisoners to “…. access stimulating in-cell activities to help them… https://t.co/axl9pTpqTS9:20am, Jan 23, 2019
- We were delighted to be invited to The Langley House Trust’s carol service at The Knole in Cheltenham. Merry Christ… https://t.co/5XLyDRc0vA10:04am, Dec 20, 2018
- We are delighted to have been awarded a further 3-year contract to continue to provide Day Centre provision for the… https://t.co/yuoYzJKnlp9:15am, Dec 18, 2018